The mission of the Economic Development Department is to facilitate empowerment of residents and businesses, enhance quality of life and nurture growth in Doniphan County.
Economic Development strives to create new jobs and grow the tax base while promoting and developing new business opportunities within the county.
- Act as a resource and referral center
- Recruit and support new businesses with site selection and incentives
- Provide business and entreprenuerial growth assistance
- Act as a local intermediary for statewide resource providers
- Partner with local and regional organizations to support growth and publicity
- Support community development and local tourism efforts when feasible
- Assist in reports and research data on demographics, businesses, employment, market profiles, census data, workforce numbers and available sites as need be
Chamber of Commerce
Leah B. Johnson, Doniphan County Economic Development Director, was nominated and is a winner of the inaugural Kansas Department of Commerce’s NEXTGEN Under 30 in the tourism category. NEXTGEN Under
Doniphan County Economic Development Director, Leah B. Johnson, met in a small group to discuss local and statewide needs with newly appointed USDA Rural Development Undersecretary, Xochitl Torres Small on
County utilizes ARPA funds and encourages participation in survey to expand broadband service in Doniphan County
By Melanie Davis, The Kansas Chief reporter Doniphan County Economic Development Director, Leah B. Johnson appeared before the Board of County Commissioners during a regular meeting, Monday, August 1, with