The mission of the Economic Development Department is to facilitate empowerment of residents and businesses, enhance quality of life and nurture growth in Doniphan County.
Economic Development strives to create new jobs and grow the tax base while promoting and developing new business opportunities within the county.
- Act as a resource and referral center
- Recruit and support new businesses with site selection and incentives
- Provide business and entreprenuerial growth assistance
- Act as a local intermediary for statewide resource providers
- Partner with local and regional organizations to support growth and publicity
- Support community development and local tourism efforts when feasible
- Assist in reports and research data on demographics, businesses, employment, market profiles, census data, workforce numbers and available sites as need be
Chamber of Commerce
Doniphan County is currently accepting applications and resumes for a part-time Economic Development Administrative Assistant. Qualified applicants must possess good communication, computer and organizational skills, display a positive and professional
TOPEKA – Governor Laura Kelly today announced that the city of Highland will receive $600,000 in federal grant funds to assist with community development projects. Through the Community Development Block