Moving to Doniphan County? Welcome!
The following information will help you make a smooth transition. We look forward to meeting you!
Doniphan County Real Estate & Rental Property Managers:
- nLee Management: Nancy McQuillan 785-989-2300; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Koehler Rental & Storage: 785-989-3583, Wathena area
- John Cluck: 785-989-3438 cell. 816-294-2011 – Wathena area
- Matt Woodruff: 816-262-1886 (May have 2 BR Duplex available) – Wathena Area
- Jill Hontz of A-1 Realty: may know of some available rentals. 816-244-9374 – Wathena, Elwood, Troy area
- Mickey Meers: 816-262-6129 – Elwood Area
- T’s Rental Services LLC: Terry Horner, 816-294-0046 – Troy area
- Allen Trailer Court & Rentals: Marty Allen, 785-850-0805 – Highland area
- Elwood Park Mobile Homes: www.elwoodparkhomes.com; 785-991-1280 – Elwood
- Try calling the city halls of the city you want to live in, they would know what is available for rent or sale at the moment:
- Troy: 785-985-2101
- Wathena: 785-989-4711
- Elwood: 913-365-6871
- Highland: 785-442-3765
Building or Renovating a Home?
- Check out the Neighborhood Revitalization Program for a tax abatement. Call the Doniphan County Appraiser’s Office for more information.
Click here to see information regarding utilities, water, sewage, landfill and telecommunications information in the area.
Locations & Days Open
- County Shop on Spring Street
Highland, KS 66035
(east edge of town)
4th Saturday of every month
- 1142 St. Columbus Rd.
Wathena, KS 66090
(across from the transfer station)
2nd Saturday of every month
- March–November: 9 a.m. to noon
- December–February: 10 a.m. to noon
Items Accepted for Recycling
- Glass– any color
- Paper– newspapers, mail, office paper, magazines, catalogues, etc.
- Plastics– all plastic items numbered #1-7 with recycling triangles on them (includes plastic jugs and bottles, plastic bottle caps, yogurt or margarine tubs, deli or salad bar clamshells, etc.) NO Styrofoam
- Cardboard– corrugated, paperboard, drink cartons, etc. (flatten cardboard)
- Metal Cans– food and beverage cans (tin and aluminum)
- Aluminum foil and aluminum pie tins
*Items should be rinsed and/or cleaned and sorted.
- DCSW: 785-990-0855
- Doniphan County Transfer Station: 785-989-3666
Doniphan County has three school districts and a community college. Click here to see all information.
Need help paying off old student loans? Check out the Rural Opportunity Zone Program from the State of Kansas.
Doniphan County Library District #1 has four branches in the county at Highland, Troy, Wathena and Elwood. Find out more about each Library location and hours here.
Doniphan County has many churches and denominations. Click here to see a full listing.
Doniphan County Health Department & Home Health
Click here to view all retail businesses in Doniphan County.
Doniphan County also has several grocery stores and markets. Click here to view a listing.
View all upcoming community, business and government events on the county calendar.
The Kansas Chief
How to register your car in Kansas
Doniphan County Treasurer
How to get a driver’s license in Kansas
Doniphan County Driver’s License
- For additional information, visit the Kansas Department of Revenue’s website.
How to become a registered voter in Kansas
Doniphan County Clerk
How to get a marriage license in Kansas
Doniphan County District Court
How to learn more about property taxes in Kansas
Doniphan County Appraiser
Looking to start a business?
Doniphan County Economic Development
- Check out a step-by-step guide on How to Start a Business in Doniphan County.