The Planning & Zoning Department provides information and services related to land use and development. The department administers the Doniphan County Zoning Regulations (standards and requirements for developing and using land in specific zoning disricts) and the Doniphan County Subdivision Regulations (standards and requirements for subdividing land). The Zoning Administrator serves as staff liaison for the Doniphan County Regional Planning Commission and the Doniphan County Board of Zoning Appeals. The regional planning commission meets on the second Wednesday of each month. The board of zoning appeals meets on an as-needed basis. You can obtain the following information from our office:
- Zoning and land use designations of specific property or surrounding properties by referencing the zoning maps and the zoning regulations.
- Determining whether a property is located within a floodplain
- What types of business uses are allowed in specific zoning districts.
- How close building or structures may be to property lines (setback requirements).
- What the minimum lot size is to divide property.
- How to rezone, subdivide, or develop property.