Information from the Doniphan County Health Department/Home Health
The Doniphan Co. Health Dept./Home Health has been working to meet the needs of our community during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
If you have questions about COVID-19, please contact the health dept. at 785-985-3591.
- The Doniphan County Health Department has non-medical grade face masks available for anyone in Doniphan County in need. Contact the Health Department at 785-985-3591 to pick up a mask and for more information.
- Resolution 2020-11
- REQUIRING THE WEARING OF MASKS OR OTHER FACE COVERINGS, ENFORCEMENT OF QUARANTINE & ISOLATION ORDERS WITHIN DONIPHAN COUNTY, KANSAS.
- This order shall be in full force and effect at 11:59 p.m. on November 24, 2020 and shall be reviewed during the regular meeting of the Doniphan County Board of Commissioners.
- The order has been lifted as per the Monday, February 22, 2021 Doniphan County Commissioners meeting. Read the minutes from their meeting here.
- If they choose, public places or businesses may still post signage, at public entrances, indicating masks are required for entry.
- Proper handwashing/sanitizing and social distancing practices are still encouraged.
- The Doniphan Co. Health Dept./Home Health is conducting COVID-19 testing.
- Testing takes place on Monday-Friday by appointment only.
- Call the Doniphan Co. Health Dept./Home Health at 785-985-3591 to see if you qualify for testing.
- Doniphan County Health Dept./HH has been getting a lot of questions regarding COVID-19 vaccines and when they will be available for the public. Click here to view the list of frequently asked questions.
- Doniphan County is moving to Phase 2 with the COVID-19 vaccine administration. If you qualify for the Phase 2 COVID-19 vaccine (click here to see phase 2 definition document) please call 785-985-3591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org your name and contact information to get your name on our COVID-19 vaccine list and the health department will then call you when the vaccine becomes available. So far, the state is dispensing small amounts weekly.
FREE HAND SANITIZER AVAILABLE
- The Doniphan County Health Department has numerous 3.3 oz bottles of hand sanitizer available for anyone in Doniphan County.
- Sanitizer is free to the public and will be available while supplies last. Everyone is welcome!
- Please call the Doniphan County Health Department at 785-985-3591 to schedule a time to pick-up.
Doniphan County Health Department highly encourages individuals to use good judgement. Additional recommendations to minimize risk include:
- Distance yourself at least 6 feet from others.
- Wear a cloth face mask in public.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water is not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your sneezes and coughs with your elbow or tissue.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes.
- Disinfect high touch surfaces such as phones, keyboards, doorknobs, handles, light switches, etc. with an EPA-registered disinfectant.
- If you are a high-risk individual, stay home as much as possible.
- Monitor your health and be alert for symptoms.
- Do NOT go to work or out in public if you are sick, displaying any COVID-19 symptoms or are under isolation or quarantine orders.
Kansas Department of Health & Environment (KDHE) COVID-19 Public Updates
- KDHE COVID-19 information website
- VIEW a map of positive COVID-19 cases by county and total Case Count Summary in Kansas
- Kansas Department of Health & Environment: www.kdheks.gov/coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html