Information from the Doniphan County Health Department/Home Health
The Doniphan Co. Health Dept./Home Health has been working to meet the needs of our community during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
If you have questions about COVID-19, please contact the health dept. at 785-985-3591.
- The Doniphan Co. Health Dept./Home Health is conducting COVID-19 testing.
- Testing takes place on Monday-Friday by appointment only.
- Call the Doniphan Co. Health Dept./Home Health at 785-985-3591 to see if you qualify for testing.
- Doniphan County Health Department is in Phase 5 with the COVID-19 vaccine administration. Please call 785-985-3591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org your name and phone number and address to get your name on our COVID-19 vaccine list and the health department will then call you when the vaccine becomes available. The state is dispensing limited amounts weekly.
- Those who qualify under Phase 1-4 will continue to be eligible for vaccination.
- Please read the Moderna Vaccine EUA and the Janssen Vaccine EUA (Revised 4.26.21) (emergency use authorization) and complete the COVID-19 Vaccine Consent Form and BRING BOTH to your COVID-19 vaccine appointment at the Doniphan Co. Health Dept.
- Doniphan Co. Health Dept./HH is scheduling COVID-19 Vaccination appointments for ANYONE 18 or older that lives or works in Doniphan County.
- Kansas providers, including the Doniphan Co. Health Dept./HH may now administer Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to ages 12 and older.
- Please read the Pfizer Vaccine EUA and complete the COVID-19 Vaccine Consent Form and BRING BOTH to your COVID-19 vaccine appointment at the Doniphan Co. Health Dept.
- The Doniphan Co. Health Dept./HH is collecting names and phone numbers of anyone 12 and older that want the free Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for a clinic on June 9, 2021 from 1:30-4:00 p.m. at the Health Department.
- This clinic will also be open for all who wish to receive a vaccine including those 18 and older that may want the Johnson and Johnson or the Moderna vaccine.
- Those under 18 do need written parental consent for vaccination.
- Please call 785-985-3591 or email email@example.com if you wish for your child to receive the Pfizer vaccine as we do not plan to order doses until we can determine the approximate number of those wishing to receive the vaccine.
- Please keep in mind Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is administered as a series of two doses, three weeks apart and the booster vaccine clinic for those receiving the vaccine on June 9th is June 30th from 1:30-4:00 p.m.
- The CDC and FDA have recommended that use of the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine resume in the United States, effective April 23, 2021.
- The Doniphan County Health Department has J&J vaccine available for anyone 18+ years old. Call 785-985-3591 for an appointment.
- For more information on the Janssen Vaccine, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/JJUpdate.html.
- Click here to view the list of Doniphan County Health Department COVID-19 frequently asked questions. This list was last updated January 11, 2021.
- The Doniphan County Health Department has non-medical grade face masks available for anyone in Doniphan County in need. Contact the Health Department at 785-985-3591 to pick up a mask and for more information.
- Resolution 2020-11
- REQUIRING THE WEARING OF MASKS OR OTHER FACE COVERINGS, ENFORCEMENT OF QUARANTINE & ISOLATION ORDERS WITHIN DONIPHAN COUNTY, KANSAS.
- This order shall be in full force and effect at 11:59 p.m. on November 24, 2020 and shall be reviewed during the regular meeting of the Doniphan County Board of Commissioners.
- The order has been lifted as per the Monday, February 22, 2021 Doniphan County Commissioners meeting. Read the minutes from their meeting here.
- If they choose, public places or businesses may still post signage, at public entrances, indicating masks are required for entry.
- Proper handwashing/sanitizing and social distancing practices are still encouraged.
- Resolution 2021-05
- Monday, March 29, 2021 Doniphan County Commissioners meeting. Read the minutes from their meeting here.
- Resolution regarding the use of face masks for public health and safety resulting from the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) determining the use of face masks in public is strongly recommended but not mandated in Doniphan County, Kansas.
- Resolution has been recorded and is on file in the office of the Doniphan County Clerk in Resolution Book 3 page 277.
FREE HAND SANITIZER AVAILABLE
- The Doniphan County Health Department has numerous 3.3 oz bottles of hand sanitizer available for anyone in Doniphan County.
- Sanitizer is free to the public and will be available while supplies last. Everyone is welcome!
- Please call the Doniphan County Health Department at 785-985-3591 to schedule a time to pick-up.
Doniphan County Health Department highly encourages individuals to use good judgement. Additional recommendations to minimize risk include:
- Distance yourself at least 6 feet from others.
- Wear a cloth face mask in public.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water is not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your sneezes and coughs with your elbow or tissue.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes.
- Disinfect high touch surfaces such as phones, keyboards, doorknobs, handles, light switches, etc. with an EPA-registered disinfectant.
- If you are a high-risk individual, stay home as much as possible.
- Monitor your health and be alert for symptoms.
- Do NOT go to work or out in public if you are sick, displaying any COVID-19 symptoms or are under isolation or quarantine orders.
Kansas Department of Health & Environment (KDHE) COVID-19 Public Updates
- KDHE COVID-19 information website
- VIEW a map of positive COVID-19 cases by county and total Case Count Summary in Kansas
- Kansas Department of Health & Environment: www.kdheks.gov/coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Doniphan County Health Department & Home Health Facebook page: www.facebook.com/DoniphanCountyHealthDepartmentHomeHealth