Find local information here for Doniphan County for the Big Kansas Road Trip 2021!
When: Thursday-Sunday, May 6-9, 2021
Where: Brown, Doniphan & Nemaha Counties
Event Website: www.bigkansasroadtrip.com
Doniphan County information
Check back often as updates are made
Originally scheduled for early May of 2020, the BKRT was postponed until September due to Covid-19. Marci Penner of the Kansas Sampler Foundation said, “We’ve had to reschedule twice now and that is hard on everyone concerned. We fully intend to hold the event May 6-9, 2021, in some fashion, no matter what. The people, businesses, attractions and scenery in these three counties deserve the best event possible. We will do everything possible to help make that happen next May.”
Big Kansas Road Trip MAGAZINE PROGRAM:
The printed magazine program for this event is not yet available for distribution.
- Check back to see when and where magazines will be available for locals to pickup.
- A digital version is available NOW! Click here to see the magazine online!
Local Places to Check Out:
- Grocery Stores
- Tourist Attractions
- Find more attractions & events on the Big Kansas Road Trip website.
- Doniphan County Courthouse (Main)
- 120 E. Chestnut St., Troy, KS 66087
- Thursday-Friday: 8am – 5pm | Saturday: 10am – 3pm | Sunday: 1-3pm
- Highland City Hall
- 220 W. Main St., Highland, KS 66035
- Thursday-Friday: 7:30am – 6pm | Saturday: 10am – 4pm
- Doniphan County Library – Wathena Branch
- 401 S. St. Joseph Street, Wathena, KS 66090
- Thursday-Friday: 10am – 6pm | Saturday 9am – 1pm
Free WiFi & Bathroom Locations:
NOTE: Doniphan County does not have strong cell phone or internet signal in parts of the county. AT&T provides the best cell phone coverage. Please plan your trip at home or at local WiFi locations before departing to your next destination.
- Library Branches
- Casey’s General Store
- Highland Community College Wellness Center
- Doniphan County Courthouse
- City Halls
- Highland: 785-442-3765
- Troy: 785-985-2101
- Wathena: 785-989-4711
- Elwood: 913-365-6871
Doniphan County receives above average amounts of precipitation for the State of Kansas. Please avoid driving on dirt and minimum maintence roads if it has rained recently. The County is not responsible for vehicles that get stuck.
Doniphan County borders the Missouri River more than any other county in Kansas. Please note that during the spring and early summer, excess amounts of water on roads due to flooding is not unheard of and updated information will be provided should that be a concern for the BKRT21 weekend.
Many unincorporated towns and remote attractions or events may not have a grocery or convenience store close by; however, most of these areas or attraction hosts are aware of this and are planning to have bottled water available for sale, free will donation or even free. Additionally, it is a good idea to plan to bring your own water bottle or purchase some water before journeying to more remote areas. Keep this in mind for bathroom stops as well.