Provides prompt, efficient, and friendly services to customers and to recognize customers’ needs with suggestions appropriate to the Bank’s services. Expected to deliver customer service as outlined in our “customer pledge” and “customer service standards”, and adhere to our “code of conduct”. Requires a sound knowledge of established procedures, methods, and practices. Follows the established policies and procedures for this area.
- Greets and directs customers in person and on the phone.
- Explains various services/products available and assists customers in selecting these services/products which best meet their needs.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer accounts.
- Routinely check internal bank email and other bank communications, responding to communications in a time frame appropriate to the communication received.
- Clean and maintain work area with necessary supplies
- Opens various types of new accounts; verifies and processes changes to existing accounts.
- Establish or maintain electronic services such as e-statements, electronic banking, etc.
- Scan supporting account documentation within required timeframes.
- Follow up with any documentation that is outstanding by reviewing the “signature card outstanding” report on a weekly basis.
- Process customers check orders.
- Encourage and maintain new and existing customer relationships by completing the customer on-boarding process.
- Assist customers with balancing checking accounts.
- Performs reprints of customer statements.
- Creating or maintenance of debit cards.
- Process POS (point of sale) disputes for customers.
- Perform transaction item research for customers.
- Provides assistance with “stop pays” and wire transfers
- Performs a variety of other tasks, such as filing, copying, and distributing and opening mail.
- Opens or closes safe deposit boxes; assist customers with accessing their safe deposit boxes and assists with inventory of deceased customers’ boxes.
- May also provide notary public services.
- Accepts and processes transactions for deposit and loan accounts.
- Process money orders, cashier’s checks and other bank services.
- Complete change orders.
- Redeems U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Processes credit card cash advances.
- Ensure accuracy of work by reviewing work for possible errors or encoding necessary prior to scanning.
- Perform service requirements to the ATM
- Processes night deposit, drop off and mail-in deposits.
- Responds to customers’ inquiries, by phone or in person, as appropriate.
- Balance and maintains proper cash level in drawers, keeps cash secure, and maintains a high level of safety and security for the bank.
- Provide cleaning and maintenance to teller equipment such as coin counter, scanner, etc. on a regular basis.
- Process stop payments
- Attend/complete required annual training.
- Actively involved in community activities.
- Participates when possible in bank activities.
- Performs other tasks requested by supervisor as they relate to the Bank and its functions.
Must be available to work between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Thursday; 8 am to 5:30 pm Friday and 8 am to 12 pm on Saturdays.