- This event has passed.
March 17, 2019 @ 12:00 am
How Walk Kansas works
Teams of 6, with a captain, log minutes of activity for 8 weeks (March 17 – May 11, 2019). Each team selects a goal, or challenge, they will collectively work towards. Participants log activity minutes and the amount of fruits/vegetables they eat. They can log online at…
Walk Kansas in your Community:
You can register online at www.walkkansasonline.org OR Pick up a team packet at:
- Doniphan County Extension
- 105 S. LibertyTroy, Ks 66087
- Contact: Kathy Tharman at email@example.com
Cost: $8 PER PERSON
- T-shirts: (optional) $10+
Take the first step – register for Walk Kansas!
If you already have a team, wait for your captain to register the team online. You will receive a message by email asking you to complete registration and give your consent to participate. Your captain will be responsible for paying fees for the entire team, so make sure you reimburse your captain for your registration fee (and t-shirt, if appropriate). Team captain should make check payable to Doniphan County Extension.
If you don’t have a team, and would like to join one, go online and register as an individual. The Extension office will connect you with a team that has similar goals.
Walk Kansas is a team-based program, meaning that you are part of a 6-member team and together you will select a goal (challenge) to work toward during the 8 weeks. Here are the options for your team:
- Challenge 1: Discover the 8 Wonders of Kansas! This journey requires each person to get 2 ½ hours of moderate activity per week
- Challenge 2: Go Cross Country from Troy (NE) to Elkhart (SW), which requires 4 hours of activity per person/week.
- Challenge 3: Little Balkans to Nicodemus – a trail that takes you through SE Kansas and then up to Nicodemus with interesting stops along the way. This requires 6 hours of activity per person/week.
Each person logs minutes of moderate/vigorous activity and these are converted to Walk Kansas miles (15 minute = 1 mile) on the website. For a complete description of activities that count for Walk Kansas and how to report minutes, check your Activity Guide when you login.