WIC is a nutrition program that provides nutrition and health education, healthy food and other services to Kansas families who qualify. WIC stands for Women, Infants and Children.
The goal of WIC is to help keep pregnant and breastfeeding women, new moms, and kids under age 5 healthy.
- Personalized nutrition information and support
- Checks to buy healthy food
- Tips for eating well to improve health
- Referrals for services that can benefit the whole family
WIC also offers immunization screening and referral, breastfeeding support, and nutrition and health classes on a variety of topics including meal planning, maintaining a healthy weight, picky eaters, caring for a new baby, shopping on a budget and more.
Additional Service through the WIC program
- Multi-User Breast Pump Rental Program