The Doniphan County Local Planning Committee (LEPC) is a community-based organization created by the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act of 1986 (EPCRA), to increase hazardous materials (HAZMAT) preparedness and response. Doniphan County LEPC membership includes representatives from elected local officials; police; fire; ems; emergency management; public health; environment; transportation; facilities; community groups and the media.
The Doniphan County LEPC provides support to the community by:
- Receiving and processing chemical inventory reports from local industry (Tier II).
- Responding to public requests for information on chemical inventory or releases.
- Providing planning support for emergency responders and industry members.
- Coordinating and hosting training.
- Increase community awareness concerning issues like: chemical facilities in your area, how to shelter-in-place, when to evacuate and who to call when you have questions.
Meetings are held in April and October. Dates and locations TBD.
For more information please contact Julie Meng, LEPC Chairperson at (785) 985-2229.