In 1995 Doniphan County adopted and implemented a Neighborhood Revitalization program. Individuals and companies participating in this program must file their application with the Appraiser’s office. The appraiser makes a recommendation on the application, and if approved, starts the process of issuing refunds on the project(s) over a ten-year period of time. This program was originally passed for 3 years (1996-1998) and has since been renewed and will expire in December 31, 2023.
- Real Estate must be owned by entity applying for the program.
- Project must be on Real Estate.
- Taxes must be current.
- Minimum of $5,000 spent on project.
- Minimum of $5,000 increase in County Appraisers appraised value.
- All required permits must be current.
- Application fee must be paid.